Wednesday, December 17, 2008

[four]

Max's POV

My phone was ringing in the kitchen and I took my time getting it as the cooking network had my full attention at the time. "Allo," I answered with my eyes still fixated on the television. "Does the offer still stand?" My trance was broken and I quickly looked at my phone, Lily. I panicked for a moment. "Of course, you will probably need directions then eh?" I went on to give her directions and quickly began cleaning my place up. I looked through the kitchen to see if there was anything I could cook up, but go figure there was nothing. I didn't know what kind of food she liked, but I went ahead and ordered Chinese, and if she doesn't like it I could always say I ordered it before I knew she was coming over. It was fault-proof. I cleaned my bedroom up, and stood in front of my huge walk in closet. What does one wear to watch movies at home? I changed out of my jeans into white sweat pants that were cut off right below the knee, and threw on a black t-shirt. It was clean cut and comfy. This night couldn't go wrong.

Fifteen minutes later there was a knock on my door, Lillianah and the delivery guy. I welcomed her in, handed forty bucks to the delivery man, took the food and shut the door. "Nice place," she smiled as she threw her coat on my coat rack by the front door. I took the food into the kitchen and showed her around a bit. The place wasn't very big so my tour was very short, and there were no questions. She was wearing a white shirt and when she turned around I could see the wings on her back through her shirt. "Want some Chinese food?" I asked as I pulled some plates out. "Sure," she smiled as she walked over to help me.

She curled up on the recliner with her food and I opted for the couch. "So what movie are we watching?" she asked before shoving a spoon full of fried rice into her mouth. I didn't think about movies, what will be a good one to watch? I got up from the couch and headed over to my cabinet of movies. "What are you in the mood to watch? Comedy, horror, action, drama, romance?" Romance? Did you just honestly ask if she wanted to watch a romantic movie? Stupid. "Horror, a really scary one. I haven't been scared in a while." I looked through my scary movies and decided on Rec, which is the original Spanish version of Quarantine. I saw this as an opportunity for me, she gets scared, looks for comfort, ends up on the couch with me. Perfect plan.

The movie was sending chills up my spine and I hated myself for shutting all the lights off. Any little noise had me looking around, I couldn't believe this movie was honestly scaring me. I kept my cool though, leaning against the arm on the couch, she couldn't see my face. During one of the really scary parts I looked back at her and was shocked to see her laughing. "You find this funny?" She looked over at me and continued to laugh. "Sorry, it's just, I don't know, scary movies make me laugh sometimes. They are so predictable. Is this scaring you?" I let out a little pathetic laugh. "No, it takes a lot to scare me, and this isn't doing it." She looked at me and I could tell she didn't believe me. She continued to laugh and looked back at the TV. Wow I look like a pussy.

I was relieved when the movie finally ended. I jumped up and headed to the bathroom to throw some cold water on my face. I really was a pussy. Here's this amazing girl in my living room laughing at a horror movie that just scared the shit out of me. What was wrong with this picture? I looked down at my watch it was only 9 PM, what were we to do with the rest of the night? I walked back out and found her looking through my fridge. Was she really hungry? Or was she just thirsty? She shut the door and turned around to face me. "What do you have to drink?" "What do you feel like drinking?" I stepped to the side a bit to get closer to my liquor cabinet. "I can't decide what I want to do with you tonight yet, so maybe just a beer." I smiled at her. She can't decide what she wants to do with me yet? She's planning on doing something to me? I walked back over to the fridge and pulled two beers out.

She had these amazing green eyes that I felt like I could stare into all night. "You know, hanging with you is really chill, I'm happy I came over. My life is pretty hectic, so this was really nice," she smiled looking deep into my eyes. "I'm happy you came over too." I want her. Bad. "So do you want to see it?" At this point I knew she was drunk, the tone of her voice changed and she didn't look as tough as she actually was. She was letting me in. "See what?" I asked just as she stood up and pulled her shirt up over her head. Oh wow. She turned around and unhooked her bra to show me her tattoo. I jumped up and ran my fingers over the ink. "Sorry, this is show and tell not show and touch," she laughed before hooking her bra back on and pulling her shirt back on. "That's a pretty cool tattoo." I found my hand resting on her hip, wanting to pull her closer to me. She looked down at my hand, looked back up at me, smiled and then walked away. "I'll call you," she once again smiled before grabbing her coat and heading out.

Lillianah's POV

Alicia's hand glided over the paper, making a beautiful Victorian pattern that was to become my next tattoo. "So you should call him, go check out his place," she laughed as she held the paper up to my side once again. I couldn't make up my mind about this guy. I knew he was a player, he was always toying with girls hearts. Sure I do the same thing to guys but secretly, deep down inside, I knew I was looking for a boyfriend. It took me a few days to admit that to myself. He just wasn't boyfriend material. I looked up from my hands to see Alicia holding my cellphone a few inches from my nose. "Just call him, it could be fun!" What the hell, I had nothing to lose. After getting directions I looked over at Alicia, "he lives like three blocks from me."

It was awkward standing at the door with a delivery man, but I tried not to look at him too much. Max opened the door with that smile on his face, I saw him shove some money at the delivery man and welcomed me into his apartment. It was cold and dark, black, white and grey everywhere. Typical bachelor pad. He showed me around and his bedroom looked amazing. It was probably the most impressive room of his apartment. A large king bed with black satin sheets, white curtains and a large Fleur-De-Lis painted on the wall. That would make a beautiful tattoo.

I curled up onto the large leather recliner with a plate of Chinese food and dug in. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and was starving. I looked around a bit and asked him what movie we were watching. "What are you in the mood to watch? Comedy, horror, action, drama, romance?" Romance? Ha, yeah right buddy. I wanted to mess with him a bit, so I told him I wanted to watch a scary movie, that I wanted to get scared. He's probably thinking I'll end up on his lap, digging my head into his neck to avoid the horror on the TV screen. Well if he's lucky, I might end up on his lap, but not because I'm scared.

During the movie I couldn't help myself from starring at him, he was turned so I couldn't see his face. Every once and awhile during an intense scene I could see the muscles in his shoulders lift up. He was getting scared! I began to laugh a little bit just to lighten the mood. He turned around and looked at me as if I was crazy. Like how could I be laughing at something so terrifying? It only made me laugh a little bit more. Once the movie ended he jumped up and ran to the bathroom, I sat there and laughed to myself before deciding I wanted to drink. I started looking through the fridge and could feel him standing behind me. I turned around and looked at him. "What do you have to drink?" "What do you feel like drinking?" Hmm, good question. Did I want to have fun with this guy, or do I still want to get to know him a little bit better? "I can't decide what I want to do with you tonight yet, so maybe just a beer." He flashed that smile at me once again and pulled two beers out of the fridge.

After one too many beers, I headed to the bathroom just to check myself over. I pulled my cell phone out and sent a text message to Alicia. I think I might like this guy, what the hell is wrong with me? I made sure my phone was on silent and headed back out to the living room. "Want to see it?" I asked him raising an eyebrow at him. "See what?" I got up from the chair pulled my shirt off, turned around and unhooked my bra, holding it in front of me with my arms. I felt his fingers run over my back and before I could allow the chills to kick in, I hooked my bra back on, pulling my shirt back on. I turned back around and looked down at his hand on my hip. Do I stay, or do I go? I smiled at him and walked away. "I'll call you." As I walked out I pulled my cell phone out to see I had a new message from Alicia. I googled him, he's a playboy, but you're a playgirl so does that minus each other out? I laughed and slid the phone into my pocket and made the three block walk home.

No comments: